From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.

John 1:16




Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snow Day

So, we got some snow yesterday...it takes quite a bit to cancel school here in Ohio, but last night's storm was pretty big and most all kids in Central Ohio were enjoying the day off.  We are fortunate that Max's school sends out a blast phone call when school is delayed or cancelled so you don't have to watch the news scroll through all the closings until they get to the one you care about.  When the phone rang at 5:30 am I knew we were going to get to sleep in.  I woke to Max screaming, "Yes!!" from his room.  Last night all he could talk about was going sledding down the hills at the Alum Creek Dam if school was cancelled.  And that is what we did!

All ready for action


Going down the big hill for the 1st time!
It was a long way down and back up, which we will all feel tomorrow!

She got tired of the sledding and decided to build a "baby snowman".  Normally I don't let my children play this close to power lines, but it was right by the cool hill.  What was I supposed to do???  Hot chocolate and naps followed our fun morning sledding.  It's fun and beautiful to play in the snow, but enough already!  I'm a southern girl and this winter business has gone on long enough - Bring on Spring!! 

No comments: